Five Effective Rug Cleaning Tips
Rugs are definitely the elegant inclusions to your home decoration. But, whatever the materials your rugs are woven of, it is certain that they would become dirty and stained. Your valuable area rugs can become stained because of a number of reasons. Food and liquid spills, mud stains, debris, dirt and dusts etc are some of the common things that make your rugs unclean and shabby. But, what should you do when the rug becomes stained? Well, though some stains are hard to be removed, but most of the stains on rugs are quite common and can be removed easily. Here is a list of five effective tips that will guide you through the process of cleaning your rugs.
- Firstly, whenever you notice any stains on your rugs, make sure to use the vacuum cleaner as quickly as possible. The brush of the vacuum cleaner is very effective in removing the stains. If the stain is due to any sort of loose debris or other dusts, you might not have to do any other things but using the vacuum cleaner. If the stains are not removed in the first application, repeat the actions for several more times. But, if the stain exists even then, you will have to go for the next step.
- Secondly, the fringes of your rug are not what have to be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. You can simply use a knife or your fingers to remove the loose stains. It is because the fringes are external fabrics and can cause malfunctioning to the vacuum cleaner if they are stuck within the machine. Therefore, if any part of the stain is left, make sure to take care of it by using your fingers.
- Thirdly, the next thing to do is to use shampoo on the rug. But, remember that shampoo and detergents are made of certain chemicals that might cause harms to synthetic rugs. But, shampooing is quite okay for other categories of rugs. However, spread shampoo or liquid detergent mixtures on the stained part of the rug. After it, keep rubbing the rug until it creates enough foam.
- Fourthly, once done with the shampooing, the next thing to take care of is to wash out the wet part of the rug and dry it up. Make sure that the drying process does not take longer than twelve hours. If it takes longer, chances are that the color of your pricey rug will become faded.
- Finally, this is not any tip actually but a suggestion. If you want to keep the originality of your rug, make sure to wash it as soon as possible after you notice the stains. Waiting for a long time will make the fabrics absorb the stains which may become permanent.